This support document is for those of you who are interested in pursuing the American Dream.
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is one of your best options for how to live and work in the USA.
The E2 Visa allows you as the investor to live in the US, manage your own American business, all while earning US dollars.
A treaty country is one with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, and or with which the United States maintains a qualifying international agreement.
New businesses, franchises, existing businesses are all eligible for E2 Visa Petitions.
The purchase of real estate vs leasing will provide the investor with benefits such as:
1. International buyers will have access to mortgage finance with low interest rates for 40% to 60% of the property sales price
2. In construction property will benefit the buyer to make partial payments during construction of the property
3. The interests paid on the mortgage will offset the income taxes
4. Mortgage payments will be similar or less then rent payment
5. Business owners will be able to negotiate better terms with franchisers since the property is in ownership, in particular potentially negotiate equipment lease or finance
6. Business owner will be able to design the store and build it from the very beginning directly with the developer saving remodelling costs
Yes. Once the investor has executed the sales contract for the property we can engage the immigration attorney to work on the petition while our investment advisors will work with the investor in selecting the right franchise or business. BAI Capital offer the full turn key solution.
The steps to the E2 Visa are:
1. Application and investment of “substantial” capital in a US business (15-90 days)
2. Possession of at least 50% of the shares of a real, actual, “bona fide” US based business
3. Active management or involvement of the same new or existing business or franchise throughout the visa term
Documentation that proves that the source and origin of investment funds were derived in a lawful manner.
The investor do need to make investment but the money is held into an escrow account until USCIS has approved the visa petition. In case of denial the money will be returned to the investor LESS expenses such as immigration attorney and business advisory costs.The entire process may take 1 to 3 months.